January 12, 2010

Where the heck have we been?

I missed a day or so blogging due to the busy demands of my schedule. Actually just when I should have written a blog last night, I was curled into my best little cat ball on Wayne's lap getting my back rubbed. I was forced to make a choice between staying in that position and writing yesterdays blog. There was no blog for yesterday.

Consequently, I thought it best to catch everyone up on what we've been up to the past several days. On Saturday, we completed a fresh new Winter photo shoot for the new stallion in residence at Fields QH- GoodBar Wrapper. He was a joy to play with in the snow- yes, I get to play in the snow at my job. Amber, Tara, his owner Steph and I all joined Wrapper in the stud paddock where we commenced to pose him, throw snowballs at him, and generally frolick in the snow.

On Sunday, Brittney moved en masse back to college at Morehead State University. Her little Sheltie Sugar stood most of the day staring at the door she last walked out of- so did her mother. We are both coping with  her absence.  Also on Sunday, my dear old Dad arrived to replace a faulty electrical breaker. This was a particularly important task as it powered the heater in the outdoor stock tanks. We had battled frozen water one day too many. I am proud to say that I learned to replace the breaker and increase a circuit's ampage from 15 to 20. Then, Tara and I commenced to installing the three new cameras into the foaling barn. This consists of a small amount of cursing, lots of trips up and down the ladder, lots of moving the ladder around the barn, and lots of tacking wire into place. By Sunday afternoon late, the cameras were operational  and functional- Tara and I weren't.

Sunday was also Wayne's birthday (it's a high number but I'll never tell). After the busy day in the barns, I threw together some hors devouers, beverages, and played hostess to Wayne's family for a jolly birthday celebration. Just 5 minutes before our guests arrived, I spilled an ice bucket (full, of course) onto my kitchen floor. Fearing that all was lost, I was reminded what a wonderful hubby I have as we scrambled around on our hands and knees picking up hundreds of stray ice cubes. Just as everything appeared to be orderly again, the guests arrived. We gave one another a knowing wink across the room and I was once again hopelessly in love with my mate.

Monday dawned exceptionally cold and our long-awaited tractor trailer load of hay arrived. There's nothing like 22 tons of hay in the morning to make you appreciate a horse!  Once the hay was safely tucked into its Winter storage facility, we enjoyed the local Pizza Buffet for lunch. Good times.

As the above events unfolded, we continued about our other business as usual. Amber trained horses and taught riding lessons, stalls were cleaned and water buckets were defrosted, horses were fed, and dogs were walked.

And that's what the heck we've been doing for the last few days. Hopefully, ZigZag will present her foal to the world soon and officially inaugurate the 2010 foaling season. Until then, be safe and take care- Khris

2 comments:

  1. WAHHH! I wanna go to the Pizza Buffet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you don't- it's really, really bad for your diet. It has totally ruined mine forever! I just can't turn down the cinnamon iced dessert pizza to save my soul.

    ReplyDelete