January 16, 2010

The Flu Bug

The Flu Bug has arrived at Fields Quarter Horses. Much like a Ladybug but not nearly as cute- the flu bug was first sighted by Wayne. He reported its presence several days ago. He described it as being hairy, ugly, and scary. After his encounter with the Fu Bug, he experienced boughts of vomiting, nausea, headache, fever, and chills.

In an effort to debunk rumors of the dreaded Flu Bug's existence, Brittney (my daughter) bravely came home from Morehead State University this weekend. She immediately set about looking for clues which the monster may have left behind. She found undeniable proof early this evening somewhere near the toilet in the hallway bathroom.

At the writing of this journal, I am much feared that the gruesome Bug may advance upon me in the wee hours of this night. I am living in dread of its approach. So much so, that I fear I have given myself a tummy ache. In true hero style, I stalked the Bug, which I believe to be a black varmint with glowing yellow-gold eyes,  armed with a can of Lysol disinfectant. I have reinforced the fort with Gatorade and am ready to make a courageous stand.  The Flu Bug must be defeated, once and for all!

6 comments:

  1. :( Feel Better Khris and Wayne too. Hope Brittney escapes.
    Now you know that when your feeling poorly all the mares in the wings will be scrambling for the limelight foaling stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Cheri. I hope so too. Brittney starting throwing up about 1/2 hour ago. Glad it's a 4 day weekend for her. Wayne's version of this thing lasted about 2 days. I'm still ducking it thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have an article around here in my favorites somewhere (wherever they are after Windows 7 was put on), which says to place onions in the various rooms, as the onion absorbs the flu bug so that you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I emailed it to you, Khris, and posted the theory on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy,
    Thanks a million...Ugh- the bug is taking over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeks Khris, it sounds like your family is all getting "it", hopefully my H1N1 will help keep me healthy! We have a ton of strep going around at school....
    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete