November 7, 2009

If You Keep Doing What You're Doing...

There is a sage piece of advice which says "If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting."  I was reminded of this advice a few days ago and it has resonated in my head since then. Often, we wonder at the luck which comes our way- bad or good. As I become older and more experienced, I begin to see that perhaps we do create our own luck.

The Laws of Attraction are neither new nor revolutionary ideas. They portend that energy is attracted to similar energy. Or, that good energy attracts more good energy. Happiness attracts more happiness. Good luck brings more good luck. In that case, the reverse may also be true. If you think that your life sucks, it will likely continue to suck. If you think that bad things always happen to you, they probably do.

Along the same lines, there are times at the farm when it seems we can never finish the tasks of the day. This concept of keep doing what we're doing causes me to reflect and wonder what would happen if we approach what we are doing differently?  Maybe there's a better way to clean the stalls. Maybe there's a better way to get the horses fed, water buckets cleaned, horses longed, turnouts done. Maybe if we approach our day with a fresh outlook, we will finish the day with a different outcome?

So, today, I'm going to do something differently and see what I get. In fact, I'm also going to think positive thoughts, say something nice for no reason, hug someone or something, and project a happy thought into the universe. I'll let you know how that works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment