November 27, 2009

Being a college student, I don't get the opportunity to come home as much as my family would like.  It's usually only by force (and the occasional bribe of a nice home-cooked meal and free laundry) that I make it home.  Everytime I come home, though, I remember exactly why it is that home relaxes me so much.  This holiday break spurred some extra thought in me this time home.  So, this is the top ten list of things I miss most about home while I'm away.

10.  Cleaning and taking care of horses.  Sadly, I do miss this while I'm stuck on campus and really enjoy coming home and visiting everyone and seeing how much they've grown.

9.  The occasional bath/groom job at the kennel.  I also enjoy bathing and grooming dogs (ever so often) and enjoy when I get to come home for a few days and do a couple baths/grooms.

8.  Driving my dad's big red truck :)

7.  Waffle House every morning with my family.

6.  Wearing sweatpants (my dad's) everywhere I go (including the barn).  Our barn at school has a rule against wearing sweatpants and tennis shoes.

5.  Playing with the foals and miscellaneous animals we have here at home.

4.  Cooking dinner almost every night that I'm home (and Cracker Barrell one night while I'm here).

3.  Snuggling with my Standard Poodle.

2.  My parents and their constant approval of my life and all the choices I make (no matter whether they agree with me or not).

1.  My wonderful Shetland Sheepdog, Sugar.  She's my best friend and I miss her every single day that I'm not at home.

Guest Blogger--Brittney Aaron-Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment