November 12, 2009

Here's Your Sign

Sometimes we ask for signs. Actually, I do all the time. Whenever I have a decision to make or come to a crossroads in life- I usually ask the Universe to send me a sign which I can use to help make that decision. Problem is, I seem to have trouble recognizing the signs.

This can be both amusing but also uncomfortable for my family and those around me. My daughter recently beseeched me to acknowledge a particular series of signs which became increasingly more obvious as they arrived. She was beginning to worry that we may find our home struck by lightning or we would be beseiged by a swarm of locusts. I was reading the card board sign of the homeless person on the Interstate exit hoping my sign would be in writing and totally missed the burning bush in my landscaping.

I suppose that the problem is that I'm afraid to make a mistake. What if I misinterpreted a sign, and made an error in judgement. After all, it's not like that ever happened before (insert sarcastic chuckle here). I have come to the conclusion today  that my signs have been there all along but I asked for them without truly wanting the answers. It's easier to walk around in a fog of confusion if you are walking around in a fog of confusion.

So, I declare today, that I am going to acknowledge that the Universe wants me to be happy, successful, applauds my victories, shares my disappointments, and is generally extremely cooperative with my requests. Now, I just have to get my self to cooperate.Perhaps I'll ask for a sign?

5 comments:

  1. I have two things to say. First, there are no mistakes ... only opportunities for learning! Second ... PRAISE GOD and HALLELUJAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It points you to the question, "Who do you think sent the helicopter???"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,you mean the helicopter that came after the row boat? and the US Navy? oh, that helicopter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you figure out the sign thing please let me know!!
    I gelded Doughboy according to the sign and I still had to open the right side 3 times.

    Only sign I am sure of is the gray hair that tells me I am over the hill. Marcia

    ReplyDelete