May 3, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

...always get me down. We've had torrential rainfall the past few days. If you live near us, you have experienced it; if you watch the news, you've probably heard about it. I wonder if life means to mirror nature. I had a terrible disappointment personally over the weekend and cried for the first time in ages. As torrential rain poured and the gutters lost their battle to manage it, I could not stop the tears. Maybe it was the rain, maybe it was the person who let me down so badly- either way, I am absolutely certain that I prefer sunny days. Now, Wayne tells me that we needed the rain. The hay crops were begging and the farmers are thankful. I'm going to reflect on my disappointment for a bit and see if there is indeed anything about it for which I should be thankful. But for now, it's Monday; it's rainy; and I'm sad. I've decided that life is messy, sometimes rotten, and can actually hurt so bad that we don't know how we will endure it. But we do and when it's all said and done seem to forget the worst parts. For that, I can be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment